About the D.R.E.A.M. Team
We are the youth extension of the Prevent Together: Battle Ground Prevention Alliance. We empower our peers in the Battle Ground school district to live drug-free lives by hosting fun events, providing strategies and techniques for staying drug-free, and opportunities to have open and honest conversations about drugs, alcohol, and coping with stress or depression.
Our goal is to be living examples of the fact that you don’t need drugs or alcohol to feel good. We’re working to create an encouraging, and uplifting community of young people who can lean on each other for support!
D.R.E.A.M. Team Projects & Activities
As leaders, we:
- Attend leadership and prevention related trainings
- Identify strategies to reduce underage drinking and marijuana use among youth
- Develop messages to support the health and well being of our peers
- Organize activities and events to bring awareness to substance use and mental health issues
- Participate in local and Washington State Youth prevention campaigns
- Meet with elected officials to advocate for what is important to us
- Have fun!